1. (23) The online course site or other web site includes a syllabus outlining course objectives, learning outcomes, evaluation methods, textbook information, and other related course information, making course requirements transparent at time of registration.
Not Observed Insufficient Moderate Use Meets Criterion Completely
All course syllabi/greensheets are posted on the School’s web site. Each course site in the learning management system contains the syllabus.
The syllabus for each class contains:
- program core competencies addressed
- student Learning Outcomes
- course requirements
- tentative course calendar
- grading information
- textbook information
Additional requirements for the syllabus (also known as a “greensheet” at SJSU) are detailed in the Faculty Handbook greensheet information pages.
The School uses a database-driven application to provide faculty members with syllabus templates that ensure inclusion of all required information. The Greensheet Self-Service (GSS) application enables efficient posting of the syllabi to the web site for a transparent, accessible and complete archive of course information.
The course information database allows for automated display of specific types of information on other pages in the web site:
- All textbook information for each semester’s classes is posted on the School’s web site. See http://slisapps.sjsu.edu/gss/textbooks/fall2012.php.
- Mapping of courses to the program core competencies
- Course information (course description, prerequisites, Student Learning Outcomes, and Core Competencies)