Connect with the San José State University School of Library and Information Science on our social media platforms. We encourage you to comment, share, and interact with SJSU SLIS students, alumni, and faculty on your favorite social media sites.
Stay connected with us on …
Looking for something to do? The SJSU SLIS Facebook events tab is full of events from conference receptions to faculty presentations to student meet-ups. You can also connect with SJSU SLIS current student and alumni groups, view updates from faculty about new online classes and curricula, stay in the know about SJSU SLIS news, and check out our photo albums. Plus, you can interact with current students, alumni, faculty, and friends of SLIS. Post on our wall. Ask us a question. Join the conversation! Interact with us on Facebook.
Follow the San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science on Twitter, and get the scoop on school news, events, job tips, career advice – basically all things library and information science that fit in 140 characters! We even live tweet discussions from our online colloquium series and library and information science professional conferences. Follow us on Twitter.
What interests you? Check out our pins on the SJSU SLIS Pinterest boards. We're pinning faculty bios, presentations, and publications. You can check out pins highlighting current SJSU SLIS students and alumni. Our student associations are also very active in the LIS community, and we created a board for them, too! Get inspired. Learn something new. Follow us on Pinterest.
The School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University has its own channel on YouTube! View presentations by our award-winning faculty and prestigious guests, watch SJSU SLIS informational videos, and learn more about our School’s sophisticated e-learning environment through video tutorials. Check out our playlists. And be sure to comment on your favorite SJSU SLIS videos! Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
You can also interact with faculty, staff, and students of SJSU SLIS on our blogs. Our website is chock-full of information, but if you're seeking detailed information where you can also comment and ask questions, bookmark our blogs. We blog about careers and curriculum. We blog about registration updates. SLIS faculty and students post questions and answers covered during our online open houses. Dr. Main also has an advising blog for current students. Check out the following SJSU SLIS blog sites:
- SLIS21 - This blog discusses curriculum developments such as new courses and scheduling, important registration news and updates, and everything current students need to know.
- MLIS Open House Follow-up Blog - We host online open houses throughout the year. This blog is a forum for prospective students to ask questions stemming from the open house discussions. If you have a burning question about our graduate programs, go to this blog and get an answer.
- New Student Blog – This blog is designed specifically for our newest students, as well as applicants to our School’s graduate programs. A current MLIS student hosts the blog and provides information and advice for new students.
- SJSU SLIS Career Blog - The Career Blog is a must-read for job seekers. Jill Klees, SJSU Career Center Liaison to SLIS, posts answers to your career-related questions.
- SJSU SLIS General Advising Blog - SLIS students! If you need help choosing a career pathway, deciding which courses to take, or general advice and support during your MLIS studies, this blog is for you.
- Faculty Tech Tips - This blog is managed by Dr. Jeremy Kemp and provides insight and innovative ideas for faculty who teach online.
- SLIS Colloquia Blog - Information about SLIS Colloquia and links to webcasts.
- SLIS Virtual Internship Blog – Managed by Dr. Patricia Franks, this blog provides information for virtual interns, site supervisors, and all others interested in SJSU SLIS and its virtual internship program.
- SLIS Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration (VCARA) Blog – Information about virtual world events sponsored by VCARA on SLIS Island in Second Life is posted to this blog managed by Dr. Patricia Franks.
- SLIS Internship Blog – Information about the SLIS internship program with examples of on-site internship experiences is posted to this blog managed by Dr. Patricia Franks. Information specific to virtual internships is posted to the SLIS Virtual Internship Blog.
You may also want to subscribe to the RSS feeds of the SJSU School of Library and Information Science.