Basic Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose to get a degree in LIS?
- Describe how this experience challenged you.
- How has your college experience prepared you for your chosen career?
- What courses did you like best/least: why?
- Tell me about one of your class projects and what you learned from the experience that relates to this position.
- If you could have any position you wanted, describe the one that you would choose.
- Why do you want to work for this organization?
- Describe your leadership (or supervision) experience.
- Do you prefer working in a team or independently?
- What specific skills and abilities would you bring to this organization?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths as they relate to this position? Weaknesses?
- How has your past experience prepared you for this position?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- What goals have you set for yourself, and how are you planning to achieve them?
- Why should we hire you?
- What else would you like us to know about you?