The MLIS curriculum is constantly evaluated and updated to align with today's job market and emerging trends in the library and information science field.
We know it's important for students to have as much information as possible regarding courses, making it easier to choose courses that are the best fit for their interests and career objectives. SJSU SLIS students have access to a wealth of information regarding our courses. We invite prospective students and current students to explore the links below to learn more about our fully online graduate courses.
- Course descriptions — read a brief description of each Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) course offered by SJSU SLIS and find out which courses are required. Descriptions of Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) courses are provided on this web page.
- Course pages — view detailed information about each course, including objectives, assignments, and required readings.
- Class schedules — find out when future classes will be offered at SJSU SLIS.
- Books — order textbooks and identify required books for each course, including books required for the upcoming semester.
- E-portfolio — Learn more about the e-portfolio culminating experience option for MLIS students.
- Internships — SJSU SLIS students can elect to earn up to 8 units as an intern, working with organizations located across North America. Learn about our internship program, where students gain valuable, hands-on experience and expand their professional network.
- Career pathways — Learn more about how our courses can prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities in a variety of information settings.
Prospective students who have questions regarding our curriculum are invited to contact Vicki Robison, student services coordinator for the SJSU School of Library and Information Science.
Current students who have questions regarding our courses are always welcome to contact their SJSU SLIS academic advisor.