Changing Planned Courses

If you later (after you have submitted your Candidacy Approval form) take classes other than the ones listed on your Candidacy form, then you must file a Course Substitution Form (also known as the Request for Course Substitution in Master’s Degree Program [PDF]).

Note: Students are to upload this form to the D2L SLIS Candidacy site — do not send this form directly to GAPE.

SLIS will download your Course Substitution Form from D2L, obtain necessary signatures, and forward it to Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE). You will not receive official approval notification from GAPE. The substitution form will be placed in your file awaiting graduation.

How to Fill Out:

  1. Open the Request for Course Substitution in Master’s Degree Program [PDF] form.
  2. Do a FILE/SAVE AS to your computer desktop, and rename as follows: [YOURLASTNAME_YOURFIRSTNAME_STUDENTIDNUMBER].pdf.
  3. Open this file from your desktop and, using Adobe Reader, TYPE directly into the form you see displayed on your computer screen.
  4. SAVE to your desktop/your computer.

How to Submit:

  1. Click on the D2L link to the SLIS Candidacy Site to access. Read the instructions there.
  2. Select the Forms Dropboxes tab.
  3. Click on the Submit your completed Course Substitution form here folder.
  4. In Submit Files, click on the Add a File button. Browse for your file on your computer, highlight it, and click the Upload button.
  5. Enter in comments if you would like to and then click the Submit button.