Welcome to our newest students! And congratulations to those of you who have decided to apply for our School's Master of Library and Information Science or Master of Archives and Records Administration program!
As you wait to hear back from the university regarding an admission decision, or as you wait for classes to start, we encourage you to learn more about the opportunities available to you as an MLIS or MARA student at the SJSU information school, and how to get started on your journey.
- New student blog — get updates and answers to your questions, and interact with a current MLIS graduate student
- SLIS Facebook page — get the latest news about our School and interact with students, faculty, and alum
- Career pathways — read about the various career pathways our students pursue and the courses you might want to consider taking
- Course descriptions — read about the myriad courses available to our master's students
- Career development — learn how to choose the career pathway that is right for you and start learning about career exploration strategies
- Community profiles — read stories about current students and alum
- New student on-demand webinars — view recorded presentations with tips for new students, presented by current students, faculty and resource specialists
The following web pages will be useful for all admitted students, although students who are waiting to hear about an admission decision may also find these resources beneficial:
- New student checklist — a helpful list of reminders about steps to take to prepare for your first semester in our fully online program
- Associate Director welcome — listen to a recorded welcome presentation from our School's associate director, which includes important tips for newly admitted students (approximately 18 minutes long)
- Course syllabi — get detailed information about each course offered at our School, making it easier for you to choose the courses that are the best fit for your career goals
- Scholarships — find information about scholarship opportunities
- Other website resources — view a list of other resources available on our School's website
If you have any questions, we invite you to contact Vicki Robison, our School's student services coordinator.