Presentations by MARA faculty and guest lecturers
- “Approaching Process Improvement through a RIM Assessment,” Linda Muller, CRM, IGP, Director, Records and Information Management, Ricoh Legal, Ricoh USA, Inc., March 24, 2014.
- “How I Got Here: The Career Path of a Corporate Records Manager,” Ember D. Krumwied, CRM, CP, Corporate Records Manager, Investco, November 11, 2013.
- “Professional Ethics for Records and Information Professionals,” Norman Mooradian, VP of Information and Compliance, CookArthur Inc., April 16, 2013.
- “The Next Major Challenge in Records Management is Already Here: Social Media,” Anil Chawla, Founder & CEO, ArchiveSocial, February 26, 2013.
- “RIM Opportunities – What Does the World Have to Offer?” Jason Hynes and Beth Hynes, CRM, Co-Owners, Vision Search Partners, November 20, 2012.
- “RIM Building Blocks,” Janet Ruhala, CRM, Records Management Strategist, Ernst & Young, September 13, 2012.
- "Access to Public Records: Tensions Between the Right-to-Know and the Protection of Privacy and the Role of Records Management in Addressing these Issues," Trevor Lewis, Record Analyst & Local Records Program Coordinator, Vermont State Archives and Records Administration, April 30, 2012.
- "Social Enterprises: A Changing Information Landscape," Don Burke, Powerpedia Doyen, US Department of Energy, March 13, 2012.
- "How to Create a Credible Retention Schedule and Information Governance Package," Fred V. Diers, Vice President and General Manager, GRM's Solution Group, November 14, 2011.
- "Designing and Implementing an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Strategy and Governance Initiative: A Case Study," Rob McLauchlin, Records & Information Governance Lead, North American ECM Deployment, Talisman Energy, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, October 26, 2011.
- "Records Management in the Cloud," Mary Beth Herkert, State Archivist, Oregon State Archives, June 15, 2011.
- "Is it worth investing in records management?," Steve Bailey, Record & Information Manager, Senior Advisor, JISC InfoNet, United Kingdom, April 27, 2011.
- "Social Media @ BHIC: How we achieve our goals by using Social Media," Christian van der Ven, Coordinator of Reference Services, Brabant Historical Information Center (BHIC), Netherlands, April 11, 2011.
- "What My Career Has Taught Me," Geof Huth, Director, Government Records Services, New York State Archives, February 1, 2011.
- "Records Management in a Social Media World," Dr. Patricia C. Franks, CRM, Associate Professor (SLIS), MARA Program Coordinator, November 30, 2010.
- "Eloquent Systems Software Solutions for Archives and Records Management," Merv Richter, President, Eloquent Systems Inc., November 2, 2010.
- "Managing Risks in Web-Based Records," David Best, Independent Records Management Consultant, Former Associate University Archivist for Records Management at Harvard University, July 22, 2010.
- "Exploring the Use of Linked Data to Bridge State and Federal Archives," Jon Voss, Founder, LookBackMaps, June 15, 2010.
- "The Value of Applying the Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles to Your Organization," Fred A. Pulzello, MBA, CRM, Executive RIM and Technology Consultant, February 9, 2010.
- "Archivists, Librarians, and Records Managers??? Sharing Information Management Concepts and Practice," John T. Phillips, MLIS, CRM, CDIA, FAI Management Consultant, Information Technology Decisions, December 8, 2009.
- "The Future of Records Management," Bill Manago, CRM, Director, Records Management Practice CA, Information Governance, October 27, 2009.
- "There's a Hole in the Bucket: One Institution's Method of Preserving Electronic Records," Michael P. Martin, Records Management Specialist, Archival Services, Electronic Records Unit, New York State Archives, June 17, 2009.
- "Archiving the US Elections Websphere: An Historical Perspective," Gina Jones, MLIS, Member Web Archiving Team, Office of Strategic Information, Library of Congress, June 11, 2009.
- "Establishing an Effective Records Program: Considerations and Choices," Thomas D. Norris, CA, Public Records Manager, City of San José, CA, April 15, 2009.
- "Where do you want to go today? Leadership, Motivation, and Career Planning," Alan Andolsen, CRM, CMC, President, Naremco Services, Inc., President, Board of Regents, Institute of Certified Records Managers, February 4, 2009.