Below is an alphabetical list of instructional tools commonly used by SLIS faculty. For a general overview of the teaching resources available through SLIS, see Software Downloads information on SLISweb.
See also the D2L faculty site for teaching materials from the annual Faculty Institutes.
- Adobe Presenter
- Blackboard Collaborate (Synchronous Class Sessions and Recordings)
- Blackboard IM (Instant Messaging)
- Collaborate Publish (Converting Collaborate Recordings to Other Formats)
- D2L (Learning Management System)
- InMagic DB/Textworks (LIBR 202 Only)
- Panopto (Recorded Lectures)
- PBWorks (Wiki) [See Faculty d2l site for information]
- Second Life (Synchronous Class Sessions)
- Social Media
- Web Conferencing and Group Meetings
- Server Space for Class Web Pages (Amazon and Senna)
- Gale Databases
- Other Databases Available Through SLIS