The fully online Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) program at San José State University makes it possible for students to live anywhere while they earn a graduate degree in the rapidly expanding fields of information governance and corporate archives.
MARA students learn to use sophisticated technologies to organize, preserve, and provide access to a growing volume of digital and analog assets. Graduates of the SJSU School of Library and Information Science's MARA online degree program will be among the few information professionals specifically trained to manage the irreplaceable, yet highly vulnerable digital materials now produced by corporate, government, and nonprofit institutions.
We invite you to attend an online open house or explore the SJSU SLIS website and learn more about how the fully online MARA program can help you achieve your goals:
- Explore the value of a MARA degree
- Compare an MLIS degree with a MARA degree
- Read 10 reasons to earn a MARA degree
- Learn more about our School's sophisticated online learning environment
- Read about MARA students and faculty, who are recognized experts in the field of information governance
- View recorded presentations by MARA faculty and guest lecturers
- Learn more about our Virtual Center for Archives & Records Administration
- Sign up to receive prospective student email announcementsabout our fully online MARA graduate program
In addition to browsing our website, we invite prospective students to contact MARA Program Coordinator Dr. Patricia Franks.
We know it's important that prospective students have extensive information about our graduate degree programs before making a decision to apply. With that in mind, we offer a wealth of information on our website and encourage prospective students to take the time to explore our site. You may want to read the important curriculum, admissions, and application information accessible from the left sidebar menu links, and also visit the following web pages to learn more about the San José State University School of Library and Information Science MARA graduate program: