Overview - Program and Process
I am interested in getting the MLIS and the Teacher Librarian Services Credential – How do I do this?
- Apply for the MLIS degree program by following the steps in our Application Process. If admitted, begin in Fall or Spring (no summer admission).
- Once you are admitted and have requested and received your Canvas, you must ENROLL in the Teacher Librarian Credential Advising site (required). This site has ALL the information you need and a way to contact other students and the Teacher Librarian Credential Program Coordinator.
- Follow the course recommendations as laid out on the Teacher Librarianship Career Pathways Page and in the Teacher Librarian Credential Advising site.
- Track your progress in the program using the appropriate checklist for your term of entry into SLIS — found on the Teacher Librarian Credential Advising site.
- Submit Key Assessments as outlined in the Teacher Librarian Credential Advising site.
- Once all required coursework is completed, compile your materials and submit them for your application to the CTC (see the Teacher Librarian Credential Advising site for forms and process).
- To meet the requirements to graduate with the MLIS degree, file forms for candidacy and award of master's for MLIS graduation by the appropriate deadlines as detailed on the Graduation Application Process pages, and complete one more elective course and either LIBR 299 (Thesis) or LIBR 289 (e-Portfolio).