INFM 211 Organizational Consulting Project Capstone Course
The Organization Consulting Project is the culminating project for the Informatics degree. This is a practice-based project where each student demonstrates problem-solving and analytical abilities as well as project management and self-management skills. Each student will liaise with a client to identify a project, gather data, diagnose issues, and implement solutions. The client will typically be A) the student’s current employer or another selected organization; or B) a domain specific scenario employer set up by the instructor.
The student will develop the following:
- Understanding, developing, and framing the problem.
- Decomposing key questions in separate lines of inquiry.
- Creating a plan with key milestones, task, timeline, and progress indicators.
- Gathering research from primary and secondary sources.
- Synthesizing and creating insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Crafting key messages and themes in a storyboard fashion.
The major deliverables are:
- Proposal and presentation to the client;
- The final Organizational Consulting Project report;
- The presentation of the report to the client.
The final report will contain the following elements:
- Sign off form for the client, consultant (student), instructor;
- Table of Contents;
- Executive Summary;
- Description of the Organization;
- Client Situation Analysis and Problem Definition;
- Recommendations for Improvement/Change and Plan for Action/Implementation;
- Project Purpose, Objectives and Scope;
- Project Approach and Methodology (focusing on project statement, issue diagnostic, workplan, interviews, insights, information visualization);
- Project Schedule and Milestone Dates;
- Summary of Final Project Deliverables (Benefits & Outcomes);