Benefits of Virtual Internships to Sites
While iSchool students benefit from both on-site and virtual internship experiences, the benefits of virtual internships to sites are many and include:
- Access a larger applicant pool: Location is no longer a factor for prospective interns.
- Hire interns to supplement permanent staff: Interns are available 15 weeks each fall and spring and 10 weeks over the summer.
- Save workspace, equipment and supplies: Interns commute virtually and will not need to be physically accommodated.
- Harness innovative ideas: Our virtual interns are typically forward thinking, tech-savvy and self-motivated students.
- Revive important projects: Virtual interns can contribute to the projects neglected due to lack of employee time.
- Advertise your internship opportunity for free: Utilize the iSchool Internship Sites Database.
Consider these helpful tips for hiring and working with virtual interns: