Learning Online in the MLIS Program
Whether you are new to online learning or you’ve earned a degree online in the past, we encourage you to browse this curated list of resources that can help you get a better idea of what it’s like to be a student in the fully online MLIS program.
- Attend a live open house session for future MLIS students, where you can experience the interactivity of our web conferencing platform and ask questions about our online environment. You can also view a recording of a past open house session.
- Find out how we prepare all new MLIS students for a successful online learning experience through our required one-unit course, INFO 203.
- Check out the 5 benefits of our school’s fully online delivery model, things you may not find in programs that offer a blend of on-campus and online learning.
- Check out what a day in the life of an online student really looks like.
- Watch a short video about our learning management system, Canvas. We’ll show you how you’d access your courses, view your assignments, and interact with your peers and instructors.
- Learn more about our virtual internship program where students gain hands-on experience and interact with host institutions that may be located anywhere on the continent.
- Read an article by one of our professors, who describes how he creates an interactive, engaging learning environment for his students.
- Get tips from other online students on how to manage a busy schedule full of work, school and family commitments on the iStudent Blog.
- Discover the range of research conducted by our faculty members about online learning, along with the presentations they’ve made regarding online education.
- Learn about the type of technology students need in order to participate in our school’s interactive online learning environment.