Please note that the School requires that all incoming students have software as follows:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or newer (Also see Microsoft Office and Pricing)
Web browsers (NOTE: These requirements may be subject to change by your instructor)
- For Mac: Safari v.5 or Firefox v7 or higher are the SLIS recommended Web browsers for Mac users. Chrome Users: Chrome is not officially compatible with MySJSU. Chrome users may need to switch to Safari or Firefox when accessing MySJSU.
- Adobe Reader v. X or XI (Adobe Reader XI is strongly recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player (Latest version)
- Microsoft Silverlight (Mac and Windows)
- QuickTime (see Instructions for Downloading QuickTime)
- RealPlayer Basic (see RealPlayer download instructions)
MS Office 2007 users may also need Microsoft Office 2007 Save As PDF Add–in (Converts MS Office files to PDF format.)
Blackboard IM (aka Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise IM): Students are required to download and install the Blackboard IM client software.
Web Browsers and Cookies
Please make sure that your web browser is configured to accept cookies. Several SLIS server programs require the usage of cookies in order to function correctly.
Note to Mac OS Users
In LIBR 202 (a required core course), all students are required to use a software application that is currently only available for Windows. The program is called DBTextWorks by Inmagic. There are a number of ways that you can meet this requirement. Please read Using Inmagic DB/Textworks on Mac OS X for full details. To inform your choice, consider that DBTextWorks might only used for one project. Consult the section greensheet and your instructor for usage details.