Students can earn their Post-Master's Certificate in as little as one year.
Update your professional knowledge and explore emerging trends in the Library and Information Science (LIS) field by earning a Post-Master's Certificate in Library and Information Science at the San José State University School of Library and Information Science (SJSU SLIS). Because all our courses are fully online, you can live anywhere while you earn your certificate.
If you already hold a master's degree in any discipline, you are eligible to enroll in the Library and Information Science certificate program at SJSU SLIS. To earn your Post-Master's Certificate, you'll need to successfully complete six courses, including a one-unit course that will introduce you to our School's sophisticated online learning environment, and five courses in your selected career pathway. You'll engage in a collaborative learning environment with SJSU SLIS graduate students and faculty in our School's ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) program, as well as other post-master's LIS professionals.
Select courses in one of six exciting career pathways designed specifically for information professionals:
- Digital Archives and Records Management
- Digital Services and Emerging Technologies
- Information Intermediation and Instruction
- Leadership and Management
- Web Programming and Information Architecture
- Youth Services
Learn more about our Post-Master's Certificate online program:
- Admission and enrollment deadlines
- Student requirements
- Stories about current certificate program students
- Our School's online learning environment
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Post Master's Certificate Students Checklist
- Sign up to receive prospective student email announcements