Applicants do NOT need to take the GRE exam.
Our goal is to make your admissions process as straightforward and streamlined as possible. We encourage you to review the information provided in this section of our website, which covers how to apply to any of the programs offered by the SJSU School of Library and Information Science. If at any point in the admissions process you want additional information, we invite you to contact our School’s student services coordinator, Vicki Robison.
Application deadlines for each of our programs can be found on the following web pages, along with admissions requirements and details regarding how to apply:
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- i.School Open Classes – Courses are offered during fall, spring, and summer sessions based on space availability.
- San José Gateway Ph.D. – Students are admitted once a year and begin the program in August.
Prospective students may also be interested in visiting the following web pages related to the admissions process and enrollment in our programs: