Alumni of the San José State University School of Information are a vital part of our global community of information professionals. We’re proud of their accomplishments, as well as their willingness to mentor the graduate students enrolled in our Master of Library and Information Science and Master of Archives and Records Administration programs.
What Are They Doing Now?
Learn more about the myriad ways alumni are engaged in our school’s online learning community, as well as the broader library and information science professional community.
- Check out the Alumni Career Spotlights and find out where they are working. Many alumni also welcome informational interviews from current graduate students.
- Watch short videos featuring our MLIS and MARA alumni in the workplace.
- Read alumni stories highlighting their accomplishments.
- Discover the diverse and exciting careers of graduates from the MLIS and MARA programs.
Alumni are encouraged to take advantage of the following lifelong learning opportunities:
- Take a master’s-level course through the Open Classes program. This is a great continuing education opportunity where you earn college credit.
- Gain practical skills needed to manage various forms of digital assets in the Advanced Certificate in Digital Assets program.
- Enroll in the Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science program and update your knowledge and explore emerging trends in library and information science.
- Get involved with iSchool Connext – a combined networking group for alumni and current graduate students.
- View our free online webcast presentations by some of the leading experts and innovators in the library and information science field – you can watch them live, or view recordings.
- Explore our online career development resources.
- Host an intern, on site or online – an enriching mutual learning experience.
- Connect with your fellow alumni and current students on Facebook.
Help Students Succeed
We invite our alumni to consider contributing to scholarship programs for our current graduate students. For your convenience, you can donate online using your credit card.
Informed, our alumni newsletter, highlights school news, profiles alumni accomplishments, and features upcoming events. Alumni of all iSchool programs are encouraged to sign up for the alumni newsletter. The newsletter is sent quarterly (fall, winter, spring, and summer).
Alumni may also be interested in the following university resources: