Graduate students admitted for the MLIS or MARA degree programs at the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information are eligible each semester for a variety of paid student assistantships that involve working with faculty and staff on different projects. Some examples of projects and tasks that student assistants have worked on include:
- Supporting faculty research projects, including assisting with data collection and analysis, as well as sharing results via publications and presentations
- Building learning spaces and coordinating virtual conferences in Second Life
- Manuscript editing
- Researching exemplary practices
- Developing literature reviews
- Writing Community Profiles for our school’s website
- Writing content for the school’s News announcements and iStudent Blog
- Serving on the school’s web team
- Helping to coordinate the school’s social media outreach strategies
- Supporting the school’s learning management system administrator
- Supporting efforts to develop and promote new virtual internship opportunities
Learn more about these opportunities by reading Community Profile stories about students who have served as student assistants.
When openings become available, student assistantship opportunities will be posted via the iSchoolAlert notification system.