Tips and Resources
Preparing for Your First Zoom Meeting
First, check that you’re running the latest version of Zoom here.
Having Problems Getting Connected?
- Test your connection to a Zoom meeting by trying this link now: https://zoom.us/test
- If your internet router has wire ports, try connecting directly
- An option is to use the Zoom Cloud Meetings mobile app for iOS or Android. Check the Apple Store or Google Play to download this free app. It will be helpful for you to have the Meeting ID if you plan to join via the app.
See additional support information: How Do I Test Prior To Joining A Meeting?
More about How Zoom Web Conferencing Works
- How to join a Zoom meeting? (one minute video)
- How do I join or test my computer audio? (video and support article)
How to Join a Session in Zoom (for Students and Faculty)
1. Click on the meeting link provided to you
2. Sign in to SJSU SSO (Single Sign-On) if you aren’t already logged in
3. In pop-up Zoom window, click green button: Join Audio Conference by Computer. Before clicking to join, you may wish to click the link to Test Computer Mic & Speakers
4. On meeting main screen, hover mouse on page and the toolbar will appear
Toolbar items to note:
a. Microphone: click to mute and unmute
b. Video: click to turn camera on and off
c. Participants: click to open the list of participants (includes raise hand, etc.)
d. Chat: click to open the chat panel
e. Leave Meeting