Informatics Tracking Your Application
After you submit your Cal State Apply application online, you will receive instructions by email on how to retrieve your SJSU ID and password and activate your one.SJSU account. When you receive this information, you will be able to 1) log on to one.SJSU and 2) access your MySJSU account to retrieve your application status information. Your application status is located at the bottom of your MySJSU Student Center web page. Check this often! You will not be notified if there are missing documents. Instead, you will be placed in incomplete status and given a “to-do” list. Please note that when you click “more” on your to-do list, it takes you to another page where it lists all of your documents and their deadlines. If you click on the item, it takes you to another screen that lists the specific description/instructions for how send the document.
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Submit Application to Can State Apply.
- Receive confirmation email.
- Receive email with SJSU ID one week after submitting application.
- Set up your MySJSU account, and check for messages and document requests. All students start with an “NC-Incomplete” application status.
- Check your MJSJSU account for “To-Do List” items. Required documents must be submitted by stated deadlines or your admission will be withdrawn. For course work outside U.S. and Canada, request WES document-by-document evaluation. Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application status will change to “CO-Complete” when all required documents are received.
- SJSU evaluators review your application for CSU eligibility within 7-10 business days.
- If you meet minimum CSU eligibility requirements, your status will change to “RF-Referred to Dept.” If you do not meet eligibility, your application will be denied.
- The department for your major reviews your application according to department-specific criteria and determines a final admission decision. Graduate Admissions (GAPE) will post the university admission decision to your MySJSU account when it is received from the department. The length of time for admission review varies by department. Questions should be directed to your program advisor.
- If admitted to the program, you will be mailed an admission letter. Make sure your mailing address is correct in your MySJSU account. If you are not admitted, you can appeal by following instructions in your MySJSU account.